Since it was such a late night last night, we wanted to let everyone sleep in a little but everyone, except Craig, woke up early, so we hauled him out of bed and got ready. Once everyone was dressed, I gave the kids their gifts for the day (I planned ahead and got presents for the kids for each day to be (1) bribes for good behavior and (2) to help avoid all the gimmies in the parks). This morning they each recieved light up spinner thingies. Ellie's was Cinderella and Hayden's was Peter Pan-perfect since we were contemplating going to the Pirate and Princess Party that night at the Magic Kingdom.
We after a quick stop at the concierge desk to cancel that night's dinner reservation (we had scheduled an extra one and didn't want to keep it if we did go to the PnPP, we hopped on the bus and arrived at Animal Kingdom a little after 9. Craig was super excited because this was his first time at this park, since he wasn't able to come with Ellie and I the last time we were at WDW. I went straight to Expedition Everest to get us fast passes while Craig and the kids headed over to Dinoland. We met up and all rode TriceraTop Spin as there wasn't much of a line.
We headed over to DINOSAUR and I rode it first by myself to see if it would be suitable for Ellie. After riding it and getting the tar scared out of me, it was quickly determined that Ellie would not be riding it until she's 12!!! Giant dinosuars popping out at you in the dark is the stuff of 5 year old's nightmares! I met up with Craig and the kids in the exit/gift shop of the ride and Craig went off to ride it. Ellie was really bummed that she couldn't go but quickly got over it when a Cast Member came over and asked her if she knew how to play tic-tac-toe. She then sat down with her and set down a laminated grid and 6 plastic dinasours to play with. The two of them played several games until Craig exited the ride. For playing with her the CM gave Ellie a special Magical Moment certificate (part of the Year of a Million Dreams campaign WDW has going on). TO be fair, Hayden received one too. Very cool moment! Oh, and Craig concurred that there was no way in $%#@ that Ellie was going to ride the ride!
At this point we were all getting hungry and headed over to Restaurantosaurus for lunch. I think Craig was getting a little tired of all the "ethnic" I had been feeding him and wanted to just have some burgers and fries. It was during lunch when we figured out Hayden does not share well with others. Once you hand/put in front of him something consumable, it immediately and irrevocable becomes HIS property. If you try to take a sip, sneak a french fry, nab a bite, your met with a ear piercing, "NO, MINE, NO, MINE," until it is retuned to him. Fun.........it was going to be a great week sharing food with him, since he wasn't on the dining plan!
After lunch we headed across AK to go use our fast passes for Expediation Everest. While walking over the bridge from Discovery Island to Asia, Craig heard music coming from below. We looked over the bridge and to our surpise there was a boat cruising by filled with Mickey and friends! Hayden was so excited to see "Puppy" again!
Hayden also worked on finishing his french fries, as one entire large box of them had become "MINE" and it takes a while to eat them!
Craig returned and off I went. It was an amazing roller coaster. THe theming is so cool and the ride equals it. When I finished, I met up the everyone. Hayden had found a great viewing spot where he could see the coasters coming down the hill but better yet, he found two friendly "older" people to sit with. Craig said he just climbed up and planted himself between a grandma and a grandpa! It was too cute!
Since we had another fast pass for the ride (good thing, as they stopped handing them out for the day), the ride went quickly, and the kids were behaving themselves, we decided to ride it a second time each, whoo-hoo!! To put it in perspective, "grandma" was waiting for her son and daughter to ride the ride and sat there as long as it took Craig and I to ride it 4 times total using fast passes and baby swaps! Also, during this time, some traveling storytellers came through and Ellie got to play the part of a squirrel in their story!
As this point, we had to make a decision if we were going to go the the Pirate and Princess Party. We all wanted to go but there was no way I was going to go if I had to deal with two tired, cranky kids. We made an agreement with Ellie that if we all went back to the hotel and took a good nap, we'd get to go! So out of the park we went...well, first we stopped to see the "It's Tough to be a Bug!" 3-D movie before we left.
No comments:
Post a Comment