Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day and hope you did too! My day started off with hearing LOTS of noise coming from my kitchen. I figured the safest thing would be to stay in my nice comfy bed and ignore anything that I heard. About a half hour later, C and the kids arrived in the room with my newspaper and breakfast in bed! E was sooo excited to finally be able to give me the picture she had made in Sunday school that she'd been hiding in the car for two weeks. I love how impressed she was that she was able to "keep it a secret" from me! The kids also presented me with a necklace and some earrings they had secretly picked out while we were all in Target the other day. I had browsed in the jewelery section for a little while remarking on certain things that I liked, and there they we're given to me for my special day. Those sneaky little kids, how did they know what I liked! C admitted to me that I was going to have to go buy a new spatula and he "might" have ruined one of my frying pans...ugh! He now knows you don't use high heat on the stove for anything except boiling water, eek!

We had a busy day at church, as it was our Sunday to lead Children's Church. It's amazing how loud 35 kids can be, but we managed to survive. Thankfully, we won't have to do that again until August! In celebration of Mother's Day, all the moms at church each received a long stemmed rose. Could my day get any better: breakfast in bed, jewelry, and flowers! After church, my family insisted on taking me out for lunch, and who am I to deny them their request. We went to a little BBQ joint around the corner and I received another present-a little potted plant. A girl could get used to being showered with gifts, and all I had to do was give birth-what a bargain!

We headed home and were planning on just hanging out, but it was one of the first really REALLY hot days of the year so we hauled out one of our swimming pools. A few years ago I had picked up two of those Easy Set pools from Target at the end of the season for a couple bucks each. We got the biggest one out and set it up. It was exciting to see how big it really was, as our ground sloped too much in B'ham to ever use it. The kids had a blast getting it set up and it was the prefect size for cooling off a little! it was a nice way to spend the rest of our day.

No comments: