Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chillin' @ the Airport


We left for Colorado tonight at 7 pm. We've never done an evening flight so it was interesting to see how the kids would be. At some point I casually mentioned that we would get to Gramma and Papa's by midnight. A few hours later, E asked, "what does midnight look like?" Um, I mumbled some answer like it's dark or something to that effect. "Oh, good," she said, "I've always wanted to see it!" Can't help but to smile at that!

The trip was thankfully uneventful and we were glad to finally be in. We had to trek to the far reaches of the parking lot to find Uncle Kenny's car, but who can complain when he allowed us to borrow it for the whole week! Gramma and Papa were still up when we arrive at their house, but the kids and i could only chat for a short while before we had to go to bed. i think traveling late at night is a great idea, it didn't feel like we wasted the entire day just traveling...only half the night!

No comments: