Monday, February 25, 2008

Disney again? Day 4: Animal Kingdom

So this was our last day in Orlando and our plan was to sleep in a little, grab breakfast, let C get in on a conference call and then head home. Well, it worked out mostly that way, but that morning after breakfast, I proposed that since C had to work anyway, why couldn't he just drop the rest of us off at Animal Kingdom for a couple of hours and he could go and find someplace with Internet to do his work. He saw now flaw in my plan (LOVE HIM!) so he drove us over to the park and then found a Starbucks in Celebration to hunker down at.

I decided not to take the camera with me, one less thing to deal with while on my own, so sorry no pics today. We went over and rode the flying dinosaurs a few times and played in the boneyard play area for a while. It was time for the Nemo show to start, so we headed over to the play. We had never seen the show before and weren't sure what to expect,but it was amazing. It's a musical stage show with actors with puppets. if you've ever seen the Lion King musical, you know what I mean. The kids LOVED it, it's a shame we hadn't seen it until now.

C hadn't called yet, so we went on one of the jungle treks. About halfway through, C called to say he had arrived at the park. I wasn;t sure if he was going to just pick us up but I guess he decided that he wanted to spend a little while in his least favorite of all the parks. The reason he came in was immediately clear, he wanted to ride his favorite ride Expedition Everest. I think it's funny that he'll put up with coming to AK just so he can ride this roller coaster! We each rode it twice, well not E, she's 2 inches too short. We promised her next time we came, we'd make sure she was tall enough to ride (we'll find some tall shoes if we have to!). The kids wanted a little more time on the flying dinos so we took them over there and we each rode Dinosaur (the scary one, not the flying one).

Then it was time to say good bye to our time at Disney World. We hopped in the car and headed home. On the drive, I plotted our next return visit, HA!

No comments: