We left our house early Friday morning and arrived in Orlando by 3:30 pm. After checking in at the hotel, it was off to Epcot. On our previous trip to Epcot, Spaceship Earth was closed for refurbishment, since it was the first thing we saw upon entering the park, that's what we did first. It has a new narration by Judi Dench and a new interactive bit where your pictures are taken and integrated in a little annimation at the end of the ride that you watch it on a little screen in your car. Watching the movie and riding backwards in the car made me a little woozie...man, I'm getting old!
Can you find us?
We then headed over to Test Track but all the fastpasses had been distributed for the day. No biggie, we requested a babyswap ticket and C and E went and rode it through the fastpass line, while H and I waited in the GM showroom. With C and E using the babyswap ticket, it meant that I didn't get to ride this time around, but I was willing to take one for the team. Plus, I think H has the right idea, sitting in the new cars is the best part of this attraction!
Since there were no fastpasses available for any of the thrill rides in Future World, we decided to cross the bridge and check out the World Showcase. First stop Mexico.
Who knew the river ride in Mexico was so frightening?!
It was now dinner time, so we went over to Morocco to eat at our favorite, Tangerine Cafe.
After dinner, we went over to Norway and rode the Maelstrom. While there, I finally got to try the school bread I had heard about from the bakery. It's kind of a sweet bread filled with custard and rolled in coconut. It was good but I'm going to get a sweet almond pretzel the next time I go. No one wanted to share one with me this time, boo! We wandered over to China and caught a bit of the contortionists' act and then checked out the gift shops. We then settled down in a spot to watch the Illuminations show. Between Mexico and China is an awesome spot to watch the show, we've never seen it from that vantage point before. It was then off to the hotel to go to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment