
As I was putting Ellie to bed tonight, she so sweetly asked, "Momma, when we move, will I have to get new grandmas?" After a little laugh to myself, I quickly reassured her that, no we're fortunate enough to get to keep the grandmas that we have already been blessed with. To which she replied, "will I have to get new friends?" This question just broke my heart. We've talked about the move, read books about moving, even just returned from visiting one of her little friends who has moved away, but it really resonated with me that she "gets what's going on." Of course, I told her that we get to keep the friends that we've already made but we'll have the opportunity to make even more friends. "But that's really hard to do, mom," she said. My goodness, doesn't she speak the truth! I kissed her and said that because she is such a sweet, caring, and perceptive little girl, she will have no problem making new friends. I hope that holds true for the rest of her life.
1 comment:
Wow! takes almost a day to read about day 2! sounds like fun!
Grammy
Post a Comment