Friday, August 24, 2007

I LOVE Me a Consignment Sale!

I woke up bright and early this morning to make an egg casserole for breakfast. It was another find off allrecipes.com and it was a keeper. Super simple, pretty cheap, made a lot, and most important, tasted great!

Lacey and her crew spent the morning rounding up their belongings and preparing to head back to AL. Ellie & Emily spent the morning "practicing" their dance routines to the Hannah Montana cds. Ellie loved the music so much, I made copies of the discs so she could continue to dance after Emily had gone-I'm certain I may soon regret doing so! Emily comes from good Southern stock and therefore has the most fabulous Southern drawl. After spending a short amount of time with her, Ellie has picked her her own Yankee-fied version of a drawl. She proudly exclaimed that she knows how to say the name of her new cds, "Haaanaaaaw Mauntaaanaaaw." Eeek!

Hayden ran a temperature for the majority of the day, so he was a grumpy guy. I let him just veg out in front of the TV after his nap, since he didn't seem up to doing much of anything else. It worked out just as well, as I finished up tagging my items for the consignment sale.

I took my 55 items over to the sale, not expecting too much. I knew it was going to be a smaller sale than I was used to, so when I signed up, I declined the opportunity to shop a half hour earlier than the other consignors. I usually don't find myself purchasing too much, as I can usually find the kids clothes cheaper brand new at the end of the season than most people price them. Then...I was hanging my items on the rack (yes, this sale you have to place your own items) and there in the 24 mo. section were at least 10 outfits for $2 each. We're talking Gymboree, TCP, Old Navy, GAP both pants and shirt. My heart started beating fast and I KNEW I had to get them (yes, I know they're only clothes, but at a really great bargain!!!). So I went over to the entrance and signed up to work for 3 hours tomorrow so that I had a better chance at scoring the outfits. Two hours later I returned to the pre-sale and there they were-- and I scooped up all the good ones!!! Whoo-hoo, major score! I ended up getting Hayden 9 outfits, 2 sweaters, a button down shirt and a pair of shoes. For Ellie I purchased 3 dance/gymnastic leotards, 2 tops, 1 sweater, 1 outfit, and a pair of shoes. My total was $52.80!!!!

No comments: