My babies are adorable!!!
Everyone got up early this morning, ate breakfast, and managed to get ourselves to the the 9:30 church service. We usually take our time on Sunday mornings and go to the 11 am service, but we wanted to get home to see what the Easter Bunny may have left for us! We had a beautiful musical presentation during the service instead of a message and then went to the special brunch between the two church services. Apparently, we had all gotten up too early this morning, as no one seemed to be able to function at the meal (thankfully, we had had a lovely traditional Easter meal at a friend's house last night!!!). E had a melt down because the only deviled eggs at our table we dyed purple with beet juice (not that I blame her-what a way to ruin a perfectly fine egg!). H whined about everything that was put in front of him and C was grumpy because he didn't dare eat any of the breakfast casserole for fear of them containing ham or bacon (can't eat b/c of his gout). So after a truly miserable meal (I said a silent prayer of thanks that no one decided to join our table during our happy family meal) we headed home to see if the great fictional bunny had indeed visited our home to leave copious amounts of chocolate and sugar...
At our house the big bunny hides your entire Easter basket, just like when I was growing up, not like C's childhood where just eggs were hidden-go figure! As soon as we entered the house the kids began their hunt. E found H's basket pretty quickly but was then sworn to silence with the threat that we wouldn't help her find her own if she told her brother what she had seen. even without her help, H managed to find his basket in the kids bathroom. A few minutes later, E found hers in the playroom behind her little desk. C found his basket without too much trouble in the blanket basket in the living room, but I had the toughest time tracking mine down. I finally found it hiding in the little closet with the furnace. Tricky little rabbit!
I managed to get a few quick pictures before the baskets were emptied out on the floor. But soon, everyone tummies were filled to capacity with gooey goodness. Yup, I let everyone eat all the candy they wanted, for as long as they wanted. Once it was gone, it was gone and I didn't have to deal with it again! nope, i don;t think anyone ate another meal that night. Who needs anything more than chocolate and eggs on Easter Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment