Saturday, January 19, 2008

E's Slumber Party

So lately E has been begging for us to have a slumber party as a family. Tonight, we gave into her requests. When asked what we should do at our slumber party, she declared that we should eat junk food, play games and dance. Fair enough, we can do that!

First things first, we all had to change in to our jammies...it is a slumber party ya know! Then it was off to the kitchen to make our own pizzas. While the kids and I were putting together our pies, C was out in the living room setting up an amazing golf course. By the time we got the pizzas in the oven, C was ready to have us start the first round of mini-golf. C, E and I each used really putters, but H got to use a mini hockey stick, ha! The first hole started at E's bedroom door, went down the hall and around the corner, and ended just into the living room.
The second hole had you hit the ball up a ramp and into the little wagon.
The third hole had you hit the ball through a can and then through a break in between mats propped up on the couch.

It was very creative and surprisingly fun and challenging! We even made C go and create a new course for another round of golf!

When we were all golfed out, C had another game all ready for us to try out. This new game was toss a football in the basket. Both the kids did a great job, but I was terrible! I couldn't lob that ball into the basket so it would stay for anything!



After we had all had a chance to play the ball toss game, it was time for the food!!!! The pizzas turned out beautifully and we had root beer floats to wash it down. Neither of the kids had ever had a float before and quickly downed their first ones and begged for seconds!


After dinner, C had one last game planned for everyone. it involved standing on a step ladder and dropping a poker chip into a jar. After changing around the size of the jar and the object dropped, and not standing on the ladder, it turned into a fun game, ha!

E then declared it was time for the "dance party." Nothing beats a party within a party I say!!! We threw a Hannah Montana cd in the stereo and danced around like crazies (no I do not have any pictures, don't even ask!). E decided there needed to be rules to our wildness so she took over the remote and would randomly pause the music. At this time we all had to stop in place. If anyone moved they were out and could no longer dance. I'm not gonna lie, I may have moved a few times after the music stopped so that I could sit out the next dance. We were all pooped by the time we called it quits on this game.

We had one last surprise treat waiting for the kids...smores!!! Grammy had sent us an indoor smores maker for Christmas so we got all the supplies needed to set it up in the kitchen. Did you know Wal-Mart only keeps Sterno in the camping section?! I discovered that after wandering around for 45 minutes! The kids LOVED watching dad create marshmallow fireballs when he set them on fire, but loved eating the smores even more!!!



It was such a fun night for everyone! Would you believe we had everyone in bed by 8:30! E was even generous enough to get H ready for bed and read him his good night book! Such a sweetie to ask for this special night and such a great big sister!

No comments: