E had her five year check up this morning. Yes, she turned five back in September but with the move, traveling, and waiting for our former pediatrician to mailed records, this was the first available time for us to get her in! She was such a brave girl, as she sat very calmly while her blood pressure was taken. She was weighted and measured and now weighs a whole whopping 33 pounds and is 42 inches tall! While she was doing some other things with the nurse, I quickly weighed H-he weighs 28 pounds! There's only 5 pounds difference between my 5 year old and my 2 and a half year old!!!
We we placed in an exam room and the doctor showed up quickly. E's new doctor was very nice and really engaged E in the conversation. I appreciated the fact that she didn't make me feel like an idiot-yes, there have been some doctors in our past that have said some stupid stuff, like "do you do anything with your education". Anyway, her exam went very well. She warned me that E's demographic (extremely petite, Caucasian, females) are at the highest risk for osteoporosis and to make sure she drinks at least 20 ounces of milk or the equivalent in dairy products every day to build up her bones. Fair enough, that's an easy enough problem to fix! She also noted that E has large pupils and commented that when she takes cold medicine they are probably huge. It's not anything I've ever noticed before but will be sure to check out next time E has to take anything. It was great to hear that everything looks fine and she's a great healthy active kid...but I already knew that! Stickers and lollipops for all!!!!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
did you have a typo in line 12 or is that what you actually meant to say? although it could be a good analogy, it seems just a bit ...maybe you meant shirt?
Mom
Ok I put the comment on the wrong entry, it belong to the I voted..
Mom
Just saw that you had a blog! How are you? Lacy
Post a Comment