Thursday, July 26, 2007

Greetings from Moo York!





We got the house in FL!!! If I get around to it, I'll find pictures of it and post them here (don't hold your breath, right!). Anyway, we're going to closing on it on the 3rd, the movers are coming on the 6th, 7th, and 8th, and our stuff will arrive in Pace on the 10th. So what would you do if you needed to move your entire house in a week and a half...that's right, drive 980 miles away, HA! The kids and I hopped in the car and drive to NY yesterday. I figure that it would be a while before we had the chance to visit everyone up here, so why not!?

Our first day up here, we slept in (I love my kiddos for doing that) and got ready. Then we made the mandatory once a NY visit trip to Wegmans to buy some Grandma Brown's baked beans-they're so killer!!! Oddly enough, while at the Weggies in Geneseo, we ran into my grandma. She lives no where near the store but said she was at the farmer's market in Warsaw (again no where near there) and she needed to buy raisin bran, WHAT? She's crazy but she's my grandma! At least I didn't have to get around to calling her to let her know that I was in town. We told her we'd see her later on in the week.

After grocery shopping, we came back to my parents and everyone took a good nap. I really needed a nap but nothing like my mom. I guess I kept her up too late last night and i watched her nod off while reading something while she was sitting at the dining room table. It was so cute, her head just got lower and lower until she was an inch away from the page she was reading.

When everyone woke up, we headed off to the barn in search of some animals! Hayden had the best time pointing out all the "moos" he saw and had to show them all the orange golf ball that had become his new best friend (I didn't get it either). Ellie just wanted to see/torture a kitty cat. The kids had the best time-it amazes me that I have such "city kids" but they love them some animals!

Holly, Andy & Allie stopped over after dinner. It was great to see them all. Allie has grow so much since we saw her in January, babies seem to do that on you don't they. She is the most beautiful thing, looks just like her momma. It takes barely anything to get her to bust out in the biggest grin you've ever seen.

With such a busy day, the kids fell asleep with out a bit of a fuss. They're having so much fun, they're completely worn out at the end of the day!

No comments: