Saturday, August 23, 2008

On Our Way to Disney...Sort of!

It's finally upon us, our final trip to Disney World using our annual passes. The beginning of the end of Disney for a while, but we couldn't wait to get started. Today C had to work at a promotion in Destin, so instead of working late, turning around in the opposite direction, sleeping at home, THEN leaving for vacation the next day, we all just tagged along with him. We figured it would only save us an hour at most, but we would be all ready packed and ready to go!

C dropped us off at the hotel. Go figure, we stayed on the property of the SanDestin Resort (our home away from home) but this time at the Courtyard by Marriott. It's a bit out of the way and didn't really seem like part of the resort but if we had felt inclined, we could have taken advantage of all the amenities offered through out the property. As it was, it was quite a drizzly evening when we arrived, so we 9the kids and I) opted just to go to the Appleby's in the parking lot for dinner.

Yeah, about that dinner at Appleby's, it was horrible, food and service-and I'm really not a picky diner. It's just when a restaurant is empty and you're served cold food, food that was the wrong order, and your waitress never returns to check on your table until you've given up hope on her ever returning again, and you just decide to eat what was put in front of you, there's a problem. Me being me, of course, didn't manage to mention anything to her when she finally showed up for some money. The best I could do was leave her a meager 10% tip...but that was still too generous. Oh well, should have learned my lesson a year ago when we ate here before. I ordered some sort of turkey sandwich and it arrived with NO turkey in it. Can you imagine? Anyway, long rant over, we will never again eat at this particular Appleby's. In fact, I'm not sure we'll eat at any Appleby's again. One good note, on the way out, the kids were happy that they each a receive a balloon at the restaurant from the very friendly, but visibly bored, hostess.

When we got back to the hotel room, I let the kids bounce off some energy. Didn't you know that's why hotels have beds-so small people can jump on them!


After a little while of crazy play time, I got everyone cleaned up and ready for bed. I tucked them both in and found the movie Madagascar playing on TV (what luck!). After the movie ended, it was lights out and despite our excitement about tomorrow, we managed to fall asleep.

No comments: