Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pirate and Princess Party

The kids were invited to a Princess party to celebrate a friend's 3rd birthday. Today I went to get E dressed in one of her princess dresses before the party and H said, "where's my dress up?" Um...I wasn't planning on having him in a costume for the party as it was a "princess" party, but OK... He was very insistent so I went into super inprov mommy mode! What could a boy wear to a princess party? Prince attire...what the heck is that? A dragon...how am I supposed to do that in 10 minutes. I got it, he can be a pirate! We went to H's closet and grabbed a pair of "pirate" shorts (argh, me likes them cargo pockets), a "pirate" navy t-shirt, and some "pirate" sandals. Alright then, he looked more like a GAP commercial than a pirate so we had to keep on going! What else did we have? We tied a bandana around his head (nevermind that it's pink) pinned a stuffed parrot to his shoulder, and added a plastic sword. Well, shiver me timbers, we suddenly had both a princess and a pirate!!!




Check out the adorable birthday girl (Cinderella)!

No comments: