Today was C's niece Amber's wedding. E was super excited because this was the first wedding she was asked to be in. Honestly, the odds for her being in this wedding were super high, as there were 6 flower girls and 3 ring bearers-all the kids in both families were included! E was a little nervous about what she was supposed to do at the actual wedding, but her cousin Alli(6) set her straight at the rehearsal dinner last night. She told E that to have to go up in front of the church and do all the boring stuff, then you get to go to a party! Sounds good to me! Oh, while I'm thinking about it, at the rehearsal dinner, I asked Alli what she was learning about at school. She mention Christmas and Hanukkah. Just to keep the conversation going, I asked who celebrates Hanukkah. She replied Jewish people. Upon hearing this, her cousin Camdyn(7) piped up excitedly, "I'm Jewish" she said. After pausing for a second, she said, "oh no, that's right, I'm Catholic!" Too funny!
It was a beautiful wedding up in the mountains. The kids did a great job at the ceremony. Yes, all the little boys in the wedding are wearing college football jerseys. The groom is a trainer at the University of Nebraska.
We had a great time at the reception. It was a very small wedding, only immediate family (well I guess technically extended on our side, but who's keeping track). There was lots of dancing, singing, and eating. It was a uniquely Amber wedding, but it was uniquely fun and beautiful. I mean, has there ever been another wedding where the bride serenaded her new husband with "Eye of the Tiger" while wearing a bright red apron?
No comments:
Post a Comment