Friday, June 01, 2007

It's been a while!

I was reading someone else's blog the other day and it occured to me that, I too had my own blog. After a little hunting, or rather a little Google searching, I managed to track myself down! Whoa, what a sad little blog I had started. So right here and now, I resolve to start putting some actual content in this little project. Possibly I'll give my mother somewhere other than my MySpace page to see picture of her grandchildren. Of course, this will mean that the afore mentioned MySpace page will probably fall into total disrepair, but oh well, you can't have too many cyberspace diversions, or maybe I should say that you can!

I guess I'll ramble on about my day today, since that seems to be what most people do in these things. The kids and I headed off the the gym this morning for my 9:30 Body Pump class. I have really enjoyed the class and have gotten to the point where my muscles are only mildly screaming at me afterwards. Plus, whatever it is that makes your muscles bigger after lifting weights was in full force this morning and when I got home I couldn't stop showing off my "guns" to Craig. I think he really wanted to leave the "gun show" but I wouldn't let him, ha! While at the Y, I got Ellie signed up for her next round of swim lessons starting on the 18th. She did great in her last go round and is now at the Ray level.

Besides showing off my ripped biceps, I caught up on some housework until Craig invited us out for lunch. I got to pick the place so I chose O'Charley's. Kids eat free, they have amazing yeast rolls, and I adore this humongous (sp?) pecan chicken salad they have there. After lunch we ran around Mountain Brook looking for this guys house so we could pick up the hood of a racecar-what, don't you do that on a regular basis? It's some promotional piece of garbage for work. All I could do was laugh at the thought of some guy bringing home the hood of a car (yes it says Coors, yes it's signed by some racer...but, whatever!) and his poor wife saying, "what the heck are we going to do with THAT?!?" Let's just say that I'll be happy when it leaves my garage! And maybe it will take the 9 Rubbermaid coolers that are sitting there too...

When we got home, the kids napped while I paid bills. The contractor who painted our house finally showed up again (2 weeks after finishing) and I paid him the remaining balance owed-ouch, but at least he had the courtesy to come on payday, whoo hoo! I also contacted our travel agent and put the down payment on our Disney Trip-she was cheap compaired to the painter, ha! We're traveling at a time where Disney will give you free dining, so in the next few days I need to decide where and when we want to eat at WDW during the last week of SEPTEMBER so she can make reservations. No pressure there! I figure it's Disney World, no matter where we eat, it's gonna be good.

After completely spending our only paycheck of the month, I made waffles for dinner. Gourmet, no? Wait, after reading that it sounded like I had to make waffles because we had no money--no, we had all had a huge lunch and waffles just sounded good. While I was making them, I kept thinking about the Shrek movie where Donkey says, "and I'll make waffles for breakfast ." I kept cracking myself up-sad, I know! Oh, what's even sadded is that the highlight of my day, no make that my week, maybe even my month, was I told Hayden to go poop on the potty, he disappeared for a while, hollered for me, and he had actually pooped in the potty!!! We called everyone in to look at it, congratulated him, let him flush it away, and then he was rewarded with a lollipop. Yes, I have no shame in saying that I bribe my child to perform bodily functions. Whatever, you try getting a not-quite-two year old to poop on command!

The kids went to bed with not too much fess and Craig and I settled in to watch The Queen. It was a great movie and Helen Mirren deserves all the acclaim she received for the role. Apparently we're on some sort of Oscar nomination movie kick, since we watched The Last King of Scotland with Forest Wittaker last night and Blood Diamond with Leonard DiCaprio the night before that. Yup, out of those three actors, I agree with the Academy, Leo was the loser in my book too. Anyway, we both enjoyed all three of those movies and got a little bit of fictionalized history squeezed in there as well. Nothing like learning world history from Hollywood.

Well, I hope I've managed to improve the content of this blog a little. Well, not quality but definately quantity! Maybe I'll make this a habit. We'll see or maybe I'll laugh at myself again in a few months!

No comments: